Penfield Search Partners
Contact: Neisha Camacho/Terra Parsons – email@example.com
Job Description: The Senior Manager Statistical Programming, a hands-on with expert-level programmer, will lead in programming, analyzing and managing real world evidence (RWE), market and business research and clinical trial studies, and as needed, provide support to other programmers. This position requires the candidate to be experienced in managing and maintaining clinical databases, including but not limited to, web-based REDCap database. With the guidance from his/her manager, the candidate will also perform analysis in observational research studies related to health economics and outcomes, business and market research, clinical trials, and industry best practices, for which s/he will utilize large secondary databases such as claims and EHR/EMR sources and phase III/IV clinical trial data, and business and market data.
The individual in this position is an expert in statistical programming languages, including SAS, SQL, R, Python. S/he will also assist in performing statistical modeling by applying various methods (eg, propensity score matching, survival analysis, time-series analysis, logistic, poisson, gamma, mixed-effect regression, tree-based regression, etc.) to address business questions via analysis of RW outcomes and clinical trial health endpoints. This individual will learn to assist in the design and development of RW studies (comparative effectiveness, patient disease journey, clinical/economic burden of illness, disease incidence/prevalence, trend of healthcare facility types) and be responsible for programming in numerous data processing steps (cleaning, extracting, merging, etc) in SAS/SQL/R/Python programing environments and applying statistical methods to the studies. The individual will also learn new analytical methods and subject matters as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage longitudinal, large-scale Registry data collected by the electronic data capture databases (eg. REDCap).
- Perform statistical programming and analysis on RWE and clinical trial outcome studies.
- Assist in developing statistical analysis plans and statistical outputs to support internal business strategy development and external communications via publications in conferences (abstracts, posters) and clinical journals (original, review manuscripts).
- Learn to apply various statistical methods to RW research and clinical trial studies.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of RWE databases (healthcare claims, charge data master, Medicare, EMR) and clinical trial data.
- Joggle multiple projects to meet the timeline.
- Learn subject matters and new statistical methods.
- Design and implement the development of macro/library codes (eg, SAS macros).
- Provide input and contribute into development of the SAS/SQL/R/Python programming environment.
- This role interacts with numerous teams, including health economic and outcome research, market access, commercial operations and strategy, payer and employer relations, business development and clinical trials, data and statistical programmers, biostatisticians, project management, IT and external vendors.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in health economics and outcomes research (with strong analytical skills), statistics, mathematics, psychometrics/psychology, epidemiology, health economics, computer science or related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of experience programming in SAS/SQL/R/Python with at least 3-5 year in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven strong and advanced programming and analytical abilities in SAS/SQL/R/Python including: Data processing/extraction and cleaning with SAS, SQL, R or Python — SAS Macro language — Application of statistical modeling and methods to health clinical and economic outcome data — Deliverable outputs that are meaningful and easy to visualize and understand–descriptive data summary, statistical tests, graphical procedures, etc. — Appreciation/understanding/interpretation of the results
- Demonstrate some experience in conducting observational research and respective study design, strengths and limitations.
- Proven project management skills
- Preferable with journal publications
- Good written and oral English communication skills