Penfield Search Partners
Contact: Allie Spink – firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description: The Medical Affairs Consultant tasks include:
- Help lead Medical Excellence for CNS Strategy to execute on key TA level strategic projects
- Consultant will help TA MA strategy elevate the CNS MA strategy team by driving consistent methods of strategic and tactical planning and execution
- Consultant will assist with identifying gaps in Medical Affairs strategy processes and ways of working and provide solutions to be Medical Affairs functional leaders within industry; will stay abreast of cutting edge Medical Affairs best practices and push the needle to be leaders
- Consultant may manage key TA level vendors
- Consultant will assist securing vision of one medical affairs and ensuring global and regional medical plans are completed in time for regional and global brand planning
- Consultant will ensure CNS TA congress strategy/prioritization and planning
- Will help with budgeting for CNS MA strategy and help with resource needs
- Actively participate as a core team member of Medical Affairs strategy team
- Other cross CNS TA duties/projects as required
- Doctorate Degree (MD, PharmD, PhD) or equivalent required with expert knowledge
- Director level medical affairs strategy consultant with experience in Medical Excellence/operations
- Ability to lead and act independently
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting within medical affairs strategy
- Experience in brand strategy, launch planning, competitive strategy, segmentation and positioning and early asset development.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications. Communicates clearly,
concisely, and is easily understood in written materials and presentations.
- Demonstrated strength in medical planning, tactical plan development and execution, as well as ability to critically analyze research design, methods, and outcome measures.
- Experience in successfully leading cross-functional matrix teams. The ability to influence without direct authority is a critical skill set for this role.
- Willing to take initiative on advancing projects and able to identify what is necessary to complete tasks.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Strong strategic thinking acumen and track record for operational excellence.
- Proficiency with computer productivity programs necessary to complete work requirements (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong proficiency in pharma code and all guidelines concerning medical affairs activities.