Penfield Search Partners
Contact: Neisha Camacho/Terra Parsons – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: The Senior Statistical Programmer Analyst is an individual contributor with in-depth knowledge of statistical programming methods, languages and data structures who supports data analysis and reporting activities within the Biostatistics functional area in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
This position is accountable for the development, verification, and documentation of code used for the analysis and reporting of clinical data and is responsible for the timeliness and the quality of assigned deliverables supporting clinical projects and publications.
This position is a member of a programming team, capable of supporting programming activities of medium to high complexity with minimal guidance.
In addition, the Senior Statistical Programmer Analyst may contribute to departmental innovation and process improvement projects.
- Designs and develops statistical programs in support of clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Performs appropriate quality control and verification in support of assigned clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Maintains statistical programming documentation as appropriate.
- Completes programming tasks of medium to high complexity with high quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Performs activities in compliance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Collaborates effectively with statistical programming and cross-functional team members and counterparts to achieve project goals.
- Critically reviews requirements and data, identifies gaps, proposes solutions, and applies expertise to improve efficiency of programming tasks and/or improve overall quality of programming deliverables.
- Ensures continued compliance with required company and departmental training, time reporting and other business/operational processes as required for position.
- May contribute to departmental innovation and process improvement projects.
- Reports into Biostatistics functional head. Accountable to the Programming Lead for assigned programming activities.
- Functional contacts within company (as collaborator or peer) include but are not limited to Biostatisticians, Medical, program, and publication teams.
- External contacts include but are not limited to external partners including CROs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or equivalent in computer science, mathematics, data science/analytics, public health or other relevant scientific field (or equivalent theoretical/technical depth).
- At a minimum of 5 years relevant programming experience with increasing responsibility, preferably in a pharmaceutical/Clinical R&D environment or field.
- In depth knowledge of data structures and relevant statistical programming languages. May include SAS, R, Python etc. Proficient in SAS programming. Knowledge of R preferred.
- Working knowledge of processes and concepts relevant to Statistical Programming.
- Basic knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH-GCP) and relevant clinical R&D concepts.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a team environment