Penfield Search Partners
Contact: Mark Maurer – email@example.com
Are you a strategic, collaborative and entrepreneurial leader? Our Client needs talented Director-level people like you to provide statistical leadership in designing and implementing asset development plans for multiple therapy areas. Our Client has a commitment to the discovery and development of new therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients in Oncology, rheumatology, respiratory and COVID-19, HIV, Hepatitis and Specialty Medicines. Our biostatisticians are industry-leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support. To be successful in your role, you will be highly influential, a proven leader and adept in the application of advanced techniques, including Bayesian methods for trial/development-plan design and quantitative decision-making.
Our Client has a thriving global community of statisticians. We are seeking an experienced Director-level Biostatistician to lead the Biostatistics input into key projects, helping drive the development of new important medicines for patients. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading Biopharmaceutical organization and support innovative impact on the healthcare field.
- Lead the statistical input to the project development team, leading the driving of innovation and ensuring commitment to quality standards, processes and efficient delivery
- Contribute to strategic planning and quantitative decision making
- Foster and encourage a culture of innovation, and act as a role model to others in actively owning and driving the use of innovative methods where appropriate.
- Provide statistical leadership within the clinical statistics department and R&D organization
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies
- Providing statistical contributions and strategic input to clinical development plans
- Providing leadership on regulatory strategy
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to deliver on business needs
- Interacting effectively with key stakeholders and governance boards
- MSc or PhD in a Statistical discipline
- Statistical expert with considerable leadership experience and proven capabilities in managing global projects
- Strong time-management skills; able to effectively organize and manage a variety of tasks across different projects.
- Ability to innovate and apply cutting-edge approaches in drug development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including:
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical senior stakeholders.
- Effective influencing across functions and levels of an organization
- Track record of strong statistical contributions and accomplishments in clinical drug development, with a broad knowledge of all phases of drug development (pre-clinical; Phase I-IV).
- Demonstrated ability to lead or make major contributions to department, organizational and/or industry-wide initiatives, through effective communication and influence.
- Expertise in a range of statistical methodologies with application to real problems
- Examples of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Experience of working with and coordinating the work of CROs.