Penfield Search Partners
Contact: Neisha Camacho/Terra Parsons – firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Cambridge, MA – HYBRID: 1-3 days/week onsite Flexible
Job Description: Our client is seeking a Contractor, Global and US Meeting Management to provide meeting planning support to the internal Meeting Management group.
In this essential role, the candidate will be responsible for providing support on budgeting, planning, and execution along with the reconciliation of expenses for meeting and events, with a focus on, but not limited to, Advisory Boards, Investigator Meetings, Roundtables & Congresses. Depending on the meeting type and/or scope, they will act as either a supporting role or as a full-service planner and use third party vendors to meet the business needs under the guidance of the department manager. Additional responsibilities may be assigned outside of specific meeting & event planning to support the ongoing initiatives of the group. These could include but are not limited to supporting the creation of different SOP’s, financial processes, Cvent oversight, etc.
The ideal candidate will require the ability to work collaboratively with members of the Meeting Management team, and Commercial and Medical groups to deliver a high standard of meeting planning excellence to the business stakeholders. In addition to sound and proven technical capabilities, the role requires strong and mature interpersonal skills at all levels internally and externally requiring a significant amount of collaboration throughout all levels of the organization. They should understand the business, corporate culture and be able to keep up with evolving priorities. They will be expected to contribute to broader department programs and company goals. A high level of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, creativity, and collaboration is required to develop, plan, and execute successful meetings and events.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- BS Degree
- 2-3 years strong project management experience
- 2-3 years’ experience coordinating events, meetings and/or conferences within a corporate setting
- Pharma experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge & experience working with healthcare professionals
- Cvent experience is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work to priorities with little supervision
- Highly organized, detail oriented and flexible
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Travel required 10-15%