Penfield Search Partners
Our Princeton NJ client has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director of Brand Analytics, who will join as part of a high performing Commercial Analytics team.
This position requires a person who can:
- Function as a proactive, consultative business partner for the key brand stakeholders to deliver competitive advantage through the application of end-to-end analysis and insight.
- Work independently and effectively with limited supervision.
- Work across a complex matrix environment including teams such as Marketing, Market Research, Agency Partners, Sales, Commercial Analytics, Forecasting, IT, Sales-Operations, Market Access etc.
- Lead personnel with direct/indirect influence (direct reports, vendors, contract workers etc.).
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director, Brand Analytics, are to:
- Function as a proactive, consultative business partner who works with key brand stakeholders to inform business decisions through rigorous analyses and actionable insights.
- Provide an objective and detailed understanding of current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors to inform brand’s product life cycle management, support the commercialization of pipeline assets and guide product and disease area strategy.
- Design and Implement launch success tracking for upcoming asset enabling commercial teams to make strategic decisions.
- Provide strategic and tactical analytics support and business recommendations to CNS (Central Nervous System) brand teams through the analysis and interpretation of secondary market research data.
- Work with large syndicated pharmaceutical data sets to provide a comprehensive view of the market, noting strengths and limitations of the data / approach.
- Develop market maps and patient journey models to inform business strategy and brand forecasting models.
- Compose the forecast into basic building blocks and use it for creating key goals for performance tracking of the brand.
- Develop key driver models and subsequent segmentation schema to group target HCPs into actionable segments and provide inputs for sales force optimization, resource allocation, and multi-channel tactics across all customer types.
- Develop response models / ROI measurement for various personal and non-personal promotional channels, run marketing mix models /resource allocation simulations, pro-forma investment analysis, and communicate findings to brand leadership.
- Support product and market opportunity assessments, situational analyses, trend identification, market sizing, and competitive landscape research.
- Manage metrics and key performance indicators to track brand strategy, tactics and market performance.
- Have regular interactions with the Data Management to help assess new and existing data sources and identify innovative uses to drive speed-to-market and increase competitive advantages.
- Develop and operationalize ongoing reporting needs.
- Proactively identify business opportunities and insights through secondary data mining and share with key stakeholders.
- Create a strategic advantage for the brand by combining the best available information with the best tools to drive decision making and evaluation of results from a strong basis in data and robust analytics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to integrate analytics information and insights with other information sources, such as market research.
- Budgeting process of the brand that the person is responsible for.
Knowledge/Experience and Skills:
- 6+ Years Pharmaceutical Experience
- Should have capability of doing hands-on analytics work
- Understanding of various syndicated pharmaceutical datasets from IQVIA, formulary data from MMIT/Fingertip Formulary
- Programming/Coding proficiency in SQL and experience and/or understanding of other statistical tools such as R and SAS
- Experience in data reporting tools such as MicroStrategy, Power BI etc
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and knowledge with the ability to understand the big picture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated in management presentations, succinct PowerPoint stories and layout, as well as structured syntheses and recommendations
- Proven team and project leadership skills, and ability to work independently
- Experienced in identifying and retrieving appropriate data and analyzing secondary market research audits and resources (e.g. IMS, Symphony, Specialty Pharmacy)
- Expert in handling and analyzing various data types (e.g., patient longitudinal data, claims data, distribution, sales, demand, units, promotion, formulary)
- Bachelor’s degree, Post-graduate degree (Master’s/Ph.D.) in quantitative field highly desired (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Economics etc.)